In today’s world, a comprehensive live streaming strategy is no longer optional but an integral part of doing business. Video content is getting more traction for brands looking to catch the attention of potential customers. It’s become more important than ever for brands to take live streaming strategy seriously. We’re here to help.
Why is Live Video More Important than Ever?
Live video is changing the way brands interact with their audiences. According to research, 91 million subscribers will utilize live streaming video by 2024. Cisco predicts that global video traffic will make up about 80 percent of all consumer internet traffic by 2021. It’s a huge number and now is the opportune moment to build your brand’s audience at all levels of the sales funnel.
But the question isn’t just about how much video content they create; it’s also about the quality of the video created. Streaming a poor-quality, grainy live stream without thinking how that video fits into the rest of the content your brand creates, can do more harm than good. Streaming a clear, high-resolution live streaming video is necessary for not only maintaining your brand image but is also fruitful in the long run as it will help you garner watches, shares, and reactions.
Did you know that 80% of audiences would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog.
What is Live Video Marketing?
A form of content marketing, live video marketing refers to the entire process of creation, distribution, and promotion of live video content to support your brand’s business goals.
Did you Know- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool
For your video marketing strategy to be effective, you must have an idea of the kinds of live video content you want to create, when and how you’ll distribute them and how those pieces of content fit into your overall marketing strategy.
What is a Live Streaming Strategy?
Live streaming strategy is a part of video marketing strategy where you plan about the creation, promotion and distribution of your live streamed content.
How to Create a Live Streaming Strategy?
Creating a live streaming strategy has now become a necessity for businesses. Live video is no longer a trend but an expectation, and businesses are starting to take notice, with 28% of marketers investing more in live streaming in the years ahead. Here are the steps to go through while implementing a successful live streaming strategy.
Understand your Goals
Understanding and identifying your goals is the first step for creating a successful live streaming strategy. Once you understand the goals you have for your live streaming strategy, you need to create the overall plan for the videos, when you will create them and how you will distribute and promote that content. You need to address basic parameters like, what kind of audience are you targeting, kind of conversions you are aiming for, etc.
Outline the Content Topics
The next step once you’ve outlined your goals is creating live content topics that your target audience would be interested in. Conduct market research to gauge your client’s pain points, their requirements. Understand the kind of content they are looking for and take that piece of information to choose topics. Here are some types of topics that you can create live videos about:
- How to video tutorials-relating to your product or service
- Behind-the-scenes video for avid fans and audiences
- Product/services: provide information that relates directly to the product or services your business offers
- Special product announcements/live product launches
- Create content that shows your team’s expertise on related topics
- Q&As and direct conversations with customers or social audiences
Formulate Creative Angles
Once you’ve sorted out a list of topics to create content about, determine how you will present this information in a unique way. You can experiment with different video styles and see what your audience responds best to as reaching out and connecting with your target audience is your ultimate goal.
Your event’s branding should reflect your company. Make sure that you are using the colors, language, logos, and other signifiers that adhere to your brand identity.
Distribute Live Content
One of the most crucial aspects of formulating a live streaming strategy is distribution of live content.
- Live Streaming– Live streaming exclusive content is the first method of content distribution. Live streaming major events, product launches, and the like instantly connect with your audience. The option of live chatting gives you the extra edge of direct interaction with your viewers. Remember- your live streams should look original and not rehearsed. However, make sure you test your equipment and lighting etc so that there are no room for errors once you start going live.
Make sure you choose a stable, reliable and scalable cloud live server while streaming live content as there are chances of unprecedented traffic spikes that you might experience when you are live.
Muvi Live is a scalable and secure live streaming server that is able to handle huge traffic spikes on-the-fly making your video reach out to viewers around the world with crystal clear clarity.
- VoD– This is another way of distributing live content. If you want your live streams to be played on an OTT platform, you will need the means to record the content as you live stream it. For this, you would need a professional online video platform that can simultaneously live stream and record your content as VoD for future reference. For example- you can turn your live webinars into VoD content on your website for viewers to watch later.
- Social Sharing– By live streaming to channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, you’re creating content that improves your positioning in their news feed algorithms. Also, streaming on social media streaming gives you the opportunity to attract viewers and bring them back to your own website.
If you just stream to one platform, you may limit the number of people that you reach. But if you simulcast to multiple destinations—your website, social platforms, mobile apps, etc you could reach out to millions of viewers. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to reach a wider audience.
The best and hassle-free way to deal with simulcast streams is through share codes using a professional streaming service. You would not have to deal with any technicalities here. In this method, you share your live streams to multiple social networks via a share code.
[Muvi Live enables you to reach your viewers wherever they are, be it on Twitter, Facebook Live, Twitch or YouTube Live.]
When crafting your live streaming strategy, it’s important to remember that you need to create content that reaches people at all stages of the buyer’s journey for maximum effect.