Are you subscribed to Netflix? Or, Amazon Prime, or any other OTT channel?
Most probably, yes!
And who is not, especially after the pandemic hitting worldwide and hampering our weekend movie plans!
But, even these streaming channels are not 100% flawless- as the subscriber base is swelling rapidly, the requirement for customer service is increasing fast! Being a OTT subscriber you must know that you often feel the need to reach their customer care team, right? Before we delve deeper,
Let’s start with two examples-
- David is subscribed to two OTT channels. He loves the movies on both the channels, but is currently facing an issue with upgrading his subscription on channel 1. David tries to reach out for help, but due to poor customer service, his issue doesn’t get resolved. David unsubscribes from channel 1 and continues with channel 2.
- Annie loves to stream on OTT channel X. And she is unable to stream on her tab even after taking the required subscription. Annie submits a customer support request. But she is clueless about the status of the same because neither she gets an acknowledgement, nor anyone contacts her from the support team. Annie unsubscribes from channel X and subscribes to some other channel.
In both the cases subscription churn is driven by the poor customer service. In reality, there can be multiple issues like that for which the customers will need to connect to a support team. And that’s where good customer service comes into play!
The reason being- OTT industry is highly competitive.
Poor customer service of channel 1→ Customers are driven to channel 2 with good customer service.
If you have started your own OTT channel, you will want to be channel 2.
Here, point to be noted, good customer service is not the only but definitely one of the keys to let your OTT business flourish further.
Time to list out the top roles of customer service in the OTT industry!
- Customer support requests let you have a clear idea about what you need to improve in your OTT channel. It can be device compatibilities, UX, subscription models, or anything and everything!
- A support team lets you connect better with the customers. Multi-channel customer support system is highly efficient in enabling your customers to easily communicate with your support team!
- Customer service helps you globalize your business by giving you a clear picture about what your OTT channel lacks for customers with wider demographics. Example: You have just expanded your OTT business to the U.K., U.S., and Canada. And you get several customer support requests mentioning that many of your videos don’t have French subtitles. Without having a customer support system you will not get to know such details to improve your OTT store further.
- Do you know, your customer service is a reflection of your internal teams’ performance? Let’s have an example to understand- suppose, there are 100 submitted support requests which are waiting to be resolved. Out of those, 40 support requests are related to the incomprehensible UX. This implies, you need to focus more on the performance of your engineering team. Similarly, if you find most of your customers are not satisfied with the solution of their complaints, that means you need to focus more on the help desk executives, or maybe hire more personnel.
In a Nutshell,
Customer support is paramount for any business and OTT industry is not an exception. Rather, the tough competition makes it even more important in this sector. It becomes one of the key ways to retain more customers which is less costly than acquiring new ones.
Muvi Customer Support & Ticketing System Tattle helps you achieve your goals of providing quality customer support. It lets you build your own workflow and offers unlimited customization along with faster integration across diverse platforms. Try it for free to know more!
Add your comment