Hello folks! We are back with another interesting Whiteboard Wednesday blog to hone your streaming skills during this global lockdown. As businesses across all industries are going online on an OTT platform, it becomes more important to deliver better user experience. This is where having a more secured login method comes into play. And, biometric authentication, by far, tops the list!
In this blog, we will take you through how you can integrate biometric authentication feature into your Android and iOS mobile devices seamlessly.
So, let’s get started…
Biometric authentication feature, when integrated with your OTT platform, allows your iOS and Android mobile apps users to log into their device using their Fingerprint or Face ID. You end-users can access their streaming app quickly by using their fingerprint, which is the most secure method of login.
During the registration process, your users can choose to activate or deactivate their biometric access while logging in to the device or after logging in. End-users who own Fingerprint or Face ID enabled smartphones can use this feature for login to stream your video content.
Now, let’s check out-
How End-Users Can Activate Biometric Login?
For New Users:
- They need to register to the app after installing it from the app store.
- Then, they need to provide all details required in the registration page and click “Register” mentioned in the bottom of the app.
- After the registration is complete, they will have a pop up appearing on the app to activate the biometric authentication.
- Further, they need to screen their fingerprint to activate the biometric system. You can also tap on “Continue Without Activation” to go to the home screen.
For Existing Users:
- Your existing users need to navigate to the login screen and enter the login credentials.
- User’s phone will automatically identify the User ID and ask you to activate the Fingerprint or Face ID.
- Once the biometric is successfully activated, users have to logout from the video streaming app.
- Then, they have to relaunch the app, navigate to the login screen, and use the biometric on the pop up.
- End-users can then proceed by scanning your fingerprint and login to the streaming app instantly.
- If you have an existing user who has never activated Biometric Authentication during the Registration/ Login, they can navigate to the Menu> Settings> Biometric> Turn ON/OFF the Biometric Authentication.
There you go! Now your users can have a secured login into your video streaming app by using Biometric Authentication.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section below. You can also tag @Muvi with #WhiteboardWednesday on Twitter and share your thoughts.
See you in our next Whiteboard Wednesday segment. Till then Happy Streaming with Muvi!
Sign Up for our 14-day Free Trial, now!