What is White Board Wednesday?
Hey, it’s nice to be with you here! Welcome to Muvi’s Whiteboard Wednesday knowledge session. Whiteboard Wednesday is a monthly affair taking place on the last Wednesday of every month where we formally dedicate a 5-minute important read in some powerful Muvi features, cheat sheets, tips, and tricks to up your streaming game using Muvi.
Muvi’s WordPress Plugin: All-in-one Solution For Embedding Videos
Videos in a WordPress blog post or website! That’s interesting for readers but quite a tricky task for a content curator, isn’t it? Had it been simple, probably you would not have landed here.
“An image is worth a thousand words. But a video buys you an understanding forever!”
According to research:
- 70% of marketing professionals happen to optimize video content for SEO.
- Adding video to blogs can boost your conversion rates to up to 80%.
- 90% of viewers find product videos to be useful while making purchase decisions.
- Around 43% of marketers would prefer to create more video content if they are provided with required resources, budget, and time.
Now that you have your own streaming platform from Muvi, (Not yet? Well, you can Sign Up for a Free Trial) managing video in your WordPress site is a cakewalk.
Well, the tricky part that we were talking about plays out when you are working on a blog or a website post on your WordPress and want to add a relevant video content that you have in your Muvi CMS.
Now that’s where Muvi Media Connect will make things easier and simpler for you!
What exactly is Muvi Media Connect?
Muvi Media Connect is Muvi’s standard, “All-in-one” WordPress Plugin that enables you to manage as well as embed audio and video files along with players into your WordPress easily. Your authors and content contributors can embed audio and video present in your Muvi CMS to WordPress websites and blog posts right from your WordPress dashboard.
Benefits of using Muvi Media Connect
Once Muvi Media Connect is enabled in your WordPress, you only have to add the embedded links of relevant video or audio content in the blog or website post in WordPress.
Simple as that!
You don’t have to worry about the rest of the technicalities such as:
- Auto-transcoding of uploaded audio/video content
- Adaptive streaming
- Audio/video delivery through CDNs
- Providing high-quality viewing experience
Moreover, with Muvi Media Connect enabled in your WordPress, you don’t have to log in to your Muvi CMS. You can manage to add audio and video content to your WordPress posts directly from WordPress itself.
For more information on benefits, check our product blog on Muvi Media Connect.
How to Get Muvi Media Connect?
- You can download WordPress Muvi Media Connect in .ZIP format from WordPress Plugin Marketplace or search Muvi Media Connect from your WordPress dashboard.
- Select “Add New” in “Plugins”. Then choose “Upload Plugin”.
- Choose the downloaded plugin and then select “Install Now”. Then click “Activate Plugin”. Your Muvi Media Connect plugin will appear on the left-hand side menu of your WordPress Dashboard.
How to Configure Muvi Media Connect?
- After installing Muvi Media Connect, select the plugin from the left-hand side menu of the dashboard.
- Enter the “Authorization Key”. To know how to find your Authorization key, click here.
- You need to mention the “Height” and “Width” of the video content (default height and width is 320 x 320).
- Then enter “Number of Content” that will be displayed in the WordPress plugin (default number of content is 10). Then select “Save”.
How to Use Muvi Media Connect?
To add video content to your WordPress:
- Go to “Add New” under “Posts” in the WordPress editor. Enter the title of your blog post.
- Click on “Muvi Media” to add the video file from your Muvi CMS to your web page or post.
- Out of different content categories displayed in the “Muvi Media Library”, select the Content Category relevant to your post for adding video content.
- Click on “Insert” after selecting video content(s) from the list. The shortcode of your video content will be embedded into your WordPress page or post editor.
- You can view the respective video content(s) inside the post or page after you finally publish it.
For more information on compatibility, check our Help article.
So next time you are working on a blog post or page, don’t forget to make them interesting by adding media content from the wide assortment of high-quality content that you have on your Muvi CMS.
Just remember that you have Muvi Media Connect to back you up!
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section below. You can also tag @Muvi with #WhiteboardWednesday on Twitter and share your thoughts.
See you in our next Whiteboard Wednesday segment. Till then Happy Streaming with Muvi!