A video CMS or video content management system plays a crucial rule for any video streaming or OTT platform. Be it storing large volumes of video, texts, and image files or sorting and modifying them with ease – a video CMS offers an all-in-one solution for all.
The core functionalities like video content management, video encoding and transcoding, bulk videos import and management, and others are executed by a video CMS. And hence it’s necessary to ensure that you opt for a quality feature-packed video CMS for your video streaming business.
In this blog, we will walk you through the top 5 best video CMS in 2023 and beyond.
What Is a Video CMS?
A video CMS refers to an in-built content management system that helps upload, store, and manage various formats of videos, texts, images and other media files easily. A robust video CMS helps you segregate, modify, sort, and filter videos, video metadata, live streams and other media as per your requirements with ease.
Apart from these core functionalities and offering a scalable and centralized platform for videos and other media files, there are several other features of a video CMS based on the type of video CMS you are choosing. To know more about the key features of a quality video CMS, read our blog on Video Content Management Systems (Video CMS) – All You Need to Know.
The Best Video CMS to Choose in 2023: A Complete List
Based on our research, here’s a complete list of the best video CMS in 2023 and beyond.
1. Muvi One
Muvi One is one of its kind of OTT platform provider that comes with a robust video CMS. Muvi One’s easy-to-use CMS helps you manage your entire OTT platform across multiple apps, devices, and platforms from a single dashboard.
No matter how complex or bulky your video content and media files are, you can execute multiple operations seamlessly as per your requirements. Here’s a glimpse of the top competitive features it offers.
- Easy-to-use single CMS
- Easy linking of related content irrespective of their formats (like linking sports merchandise with sport streams)
- End-to-end revenue & security management
- Simple and fast bulk content import
- Compact web page management through drag-and-drop functions
- Scheduled content release as per your requirements
- Online video player management
- In-depth analytics and insights
- IP-based automatic language detection to change the language setting as per the subscriber’s location
- All-in-one multi-format content & metadata management
- Easy people management like adding and managing cast and crew metadata
- Dedicated CMS notification center to update instantly about new releases, bug fixing, new updates and others
Kaltura is an open, flexible, and collaborative video platform that provides a range of on-demand and live video SaaS solutions for diverse industries, sectors and use cases including media, telecom, education, and others. Its in-built video content management system comes with a range of competitive features as listed below.
- Offers a centralized and scalable solution for videos and other media files storing, accessing, sharing, and modifying
- Easy integration with LMS and marketing platforms
- Robust security for video access and authorization
- Enterprise content management video plugin for easily recording, uploading, managing, transcoding, and publishing videos
- Analytics & insights
Brightcove, an all-in-one streaming technology company for video hosting, publishing and monetizing, offers a competitive video CMS. Let’s have a look at the top features of Brightcove’s video content management system.
- Easy playlists, video galleries, and metadata creation using video tags
- Seamless streaming in up to Full HD
- Video encoding for mobile apps
- Multiple video content monetization options like SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD
- Easy embedding of videos to your website and social media platforms that are hosted on the Brightcove cloud
- Video protection with paywall or password
- Analytics & insights
4. IBM Cloud Video
This end-to-end video platform for media and enterprises is equipped with a compact video content management system to simplify video storage, distribution and monetization while offering a range of competitive features. Here’s a list of the top features of IBM Cloud’s video CMS –
- Easy storage, modification, and sorting of bulk videos and media files
- High scalability to ensure seamless video delivery to growing number of viewers
- Auto-generation of captions in real-time
- Real-time analytics
- Searchable and indexable video captions
Uscreen is an all-in-one video monetization platform that comes with a competitive video CMS. Be it starting your video monetization business or scaling up your existing OTT streaming business, its powerful video content management system helps reach your goals. The top features of Uscreen’s video CMS are as listed below.
- High storage capacity for videos and other media files
- Easy indexing, organizing, and cataloging of your video and other content
- Multiple content monetization models such as PPV (Pay Per View), bundles, and rentals
- Highly customizable HTML5 video player that lets you easily perform multiple actions like adding CTAs, changing subtitles or captions and others
- Analytics & insights on your video content performance
- Scalable Video storage capacity with unlimited bandwidth, encoding, and streaming.
The Bottom Line
It is crucial to choose a quality video content management system to ensure better video content management, easy video encoding and transcoding, enhanced control and accessibility, and seamless video delivery with cross-platform compatibility, to name a few.
While a video content management system comes in-built with the video platform provider you choose, you must be well-aware of the set of features, solutions, and competitive advantages it provides. Apart from that, you also need to focus on the ease of handling, like how easily you can perform the tasks like bulk file uploading, changing, managing and others.
Opting for a video CMS like Muvi One’s ensures that you can avail the top-notch features and handle everything from a single dashboard even without going through complex steps, or needing to code!
Intrigued to try it out?
Take a 14-day free trial today (no credit card required)!
1. What is the role of a video CMS for your streaming platform?
A video CMS is crucial for your streaming platform due to its multiple functions like –
- Improved video content management
- Better control and accessibility
- Video encoding and transcoding
- On-demand and live video delivery and management
2. What’s the best video CMS in 2023?
Some of the best video CMS in 2023 include Muvi One, IBM Cloud, Kaltura, and Uscreen. Based on your key requirements and the most sought-after features, you need to make a choice.
3. What are the top features of a video CMS?
The top features of a video CMS include –
- Bulk content import and storage
- Metadata management
- Multi-format content support
- People management
- Webpage and app management
- Online video player management
- Security and anti-piracy protection
To name a few.
4. Does a video CMS only manage video content?
No, not only videos, but a video CMS helps manage images, texts, and other media files.