If you are a live streamer, you are aware of the tons of live streaming tools available for all levels of live streaming production, be it basic or high-end broadcasts.
One software encoder that can work for all levels of live streams from amateur to professional-grade is OBS Studio or Open Broadcast Software. OBS is the most widely used software encoder for video recording and live streaming. This blog will give you a detailed step-by-step live streaming guide using Muvi Live Server and OBS.
Things to Keep in Mind before Starting:
- Muvi Live supports live streaming through camera using RTMP feed
- If you are using the free trial, only 60 minutes of live streaming will be allowed
- Muvi Live has approximately 30 seconds of latency
Detailed Step-By-Step Guide to Live Stream with OBS and Muvi Live
To stream your live event, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Sign up with Muvi Live
- To start a live stream, sign up to the Muvi Live platform here and opt for a “Free Trial” of 14 days
- Once your 14 days free trial is over, you will have to purchase the subscription to Muvi Live.
Step 2: Adding Live Stream
- To add a live stream, click on “Manage Live Stream” –> “Add Live Stream”.
- Give “Stream Name” and “Description” about the live stream
- After saving this information, your live event will be created
Step 3: Starting the Live Stream
- To start a live stream, click on “Start Stream”
- Once the live stream starts, you will get “Stream Info” that comprises Stream URL and Stream Key. You need to add the Stream Key and Stream URL in OBS
Note: HLS feature is only available with a subscription.
Step 4: Configuring OBS
To Live Stream with OBS, you have to first download and install OBS in your system. To download OBS, click here.
- Open OBS Studio and go to the Sources section, click + to add a new source.
- Select “Select Video Capture Device” from the list and click on “OK” to add the capture device.
- Navigate to “File” –>” Settings” –>” Stream” and from the drop-down, select “Custom”.
- Type the “Server” and “Stream Key” obtained from Muvi Live Server
- Click on “Apply” and “OK”.
- Click on “Start Streaming” on the bottom right corner of OBS to start the live stream
Step 5: Generate Live Stream via HLS
When you start live streaming using Muvi Live, an HLS output URL is generated. All you have to do is click on “Stream Info” to get the URL. Existing Muvi customers can add this URL to live stream content in the CMS.
Step 6: Publishing the Live Stream
To generate an embed code for the live event, all you have to do is, click on “Stream Info” to get the URL. You can embed this link into your website to get live stream output in the designated space.
Live streaming through OBS Studio at first glance might seem intimidating, but with this step-by-step guide, we hope you will quickly realize how easy and simple it is to use this encoding software. Coupled with Muvi Live, broadcasting professional live streams is no longer an ordeal and can be set up in a matter of a few minutes.
Why don’t you take a 14-Day Free Trial of Muvi Live to test our live streaming platform capable of securely delivering stunning ultra low-latency buffer-free live streams!