The market for video content has grown exponentially over the past two years. Education to entertainment- people are watching video content more than ever, and thanks to that, streaming businesses are seeing a rise in their business graphs. As stated in a recent report by Statista, the global video streaming market is expected to reach US $115.920 billion by 2026 while the revenue in this industry is expected to grow at 10.35% CAGR during 2021 to 2026. No wonder that more people are opting for video streaming business to utilize the growth scope. Owing to this, there is a surging demand for competent video hosting platforms. While there are plenty of options to host your videos, it can be quite confusing at times.
There are many factors that determine which video hosting platform can be a good fit for your video streaming business. In this blog we have listed out the best video hosting platforms in 2021. Let’s have a look!
The Best Video Hosting Platforms in 2021- A Complete List
YouTube is the most popular free video streaming platform with more than 2 billion logged in users. However, it is not really the best option for hosting your videos, especially if you want to do justice to your hard work and really want to build a streaming business. Let’s look at both, the positive and negative sides of hosting your videos on YouTube.
- Large audience base
- Unlimited cloud storage at free of cost
- Significant copyright issues every now and then
- No control on the ads played
- A lot of rules and regulations to monetize your content
- Takes a long time before you can actually start earning
- Very less profit compared to the hard work put on your content
Muvi Flex is an all-in-one video hosting solution by Muvi that lets you upload, distribute, and manage videos. What’s more? It also lets you build responsive video solutions on your apps/websites as a part of the offering. Beginners to corporate houses, Muvi Flex provides offerings for every stage. The video hosting platform comes with comprehensible solutions accommodating your business requirements at every step.
- Built-in CDN with 225 points of presence across the world for lag-free global delivery of your video content
- Auto transcoding with video quality optimization
- Optimum compatibility across devices
- MRSS (Media RSS) that allows you to publish your videos on multiple third party websites
- Seamless social media integration for all major social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc. so that you can target all the users of these platforms
- Developer friendly and offers massive-scale transcoding
- Built-in multi-DRM security that includes robust protection solutions like forensic watermarking, protection against screen recording, offline viewing protection etc.
- Analytics & reports to analyze your video content performance
- Better control over ads
- You need to manage everything from the CMS (Content Management System). However, it’s user-friendly and doesn’t need much technical knowhow.
Dailymotion is another well-known video hosting platform that has more than 300 million monthly users. Dailymotion is available worldwide in 183 languages and 43 localized versions.
- Free video hosting
- Password protected and private video options
- Can easily upload and manage videos
- File size limit is smaller than other platforms
- No control over the ads played
- Less competitive advantages
- Smaller audience base compared to YouTube
SproutVideo is a video hosting platform that provides multiple solutions such as video landing pages, video marketing suites and others. While SproutVideo offers various pricing plans, this video hosting platform is basically designed for businesses and may not be that suitable for individuals.
- Live videos and broadcast sharing in customizable player
- In-built solution to capture leads and boost campaign performance
- Password & login protection
- Analytics & insights
- Limited features
- May require technical knowledge/experience to understand the additional features
This video hosting platform is designed for diverse businesses- SMBs to enterprises. While they provide additional services like video marketing, knowledge sharing and sales, they also have both pros and cons-
- Additional marketing tools
- Provides the option of gated content
- Performance tracking & analytical reports
- Various pricing plans starting from Startup to Agency/Enterprise
- Most of the tools, especially the additional ones are not so easy to understand and use
- Lesser competitive advantages and not so feature-packed compared to the other hosting solutions
Vidyard’s video hosting platform is mainly designed for virtual selling and provides related solutions such as easy video upload, sharing and management.
- Offers both single user and higher tier plans
- Unlimited upload
- No bandwidth cap
- Offers a fully customized video player
- Many tools in the premium package are not so self-explanatory or not easy to understand
- The interface organization is quite confusing
Designed for businesses, educators, coaches, and marketers, Spotlightr is a video hosting suite that comes with a set of features for each of its solutions. Its free and polaris pricing plans can be a good option to get started with for small businesses. However, it also has both advantages and disadvantages.
- Unlimited videos option for the paid plan
- Offers cloud and hybrid video hosting
- Best video player customization options
- Offers marketing tools
- Not a good option for the growing businesses
- Not so flexible/user friendly to edit and manage videos on this platform
- Steeper learning curve yet not so feature-rich
- Complex support documents
When it comes to choosing a video hosting platform, there are plenty of options that you will come across. While many of them seem to be a good fit for your business, there are actually a few that can provide you with an all-in-one solution beyond just hosting your videos.
Muvi Flex, the enterprise-grade video hosting solution, lets you easily host, play, stream and monetize your videos. Furthermore, it comes with unlimited exclusive feature-rich solutions starting from video advertising to multi-DRM security to optimize your streaming business potential as well as the customer experience.
Take a 14-day free trial today to learn better (no credit card needed)!